Sunday 14 December 2014

first layer painting grapes

I started a big painting, wow. I have so much to learn. I have a great teacher: Monique Eysink. I have to wait till after the holidays to show her the progress and to ask questions. Till then I will continue working at some smaller paintings/studies.
I used umber and titatian white for the underlayers.
I have to add more layers so the white will be white and the darkest is the darkest.
So building up.
A great adventure.
As you can see athe the second photo that I made the first layer lighter otherwise when I put the layers of colors on top of it the value/tones will get too dark.
It's a learning process indeed.
I put some background on top of the grey to be able to see the contrasts better.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...