My next assignment is therefor to paint two leaves of the Cyclamen, front and back.
I do not have much experience with watercolor and I am really struggling. But slowly I think I am getting somewhere and I discover what kind of technique(s) I like.
I took some photos of the leaves, not yet finished but I do not know at the moment how to proceed. So I put them away, practise a bit more and look at them again after a while to see if I can make them better and of course how to do that. It is a bit difficult because at the moment there are no cyclamen available so I only have my notes and drawings to work from.
To see if I painted the right tones I altered the painting in black and white with the help of Paint Shop Pro.
The second two photos are altered, I made the paintings darker with the help of Paint Shop Pro so I could see what they would look like if I add more darker layers of paint. Again I changed the colours into black and white to see the tones.