Saturday 3 October 2009

oilpainting 2 sisters, finished

Finally the painting of the two sister is finished.
I decided not to put colorlayers on top of the so called deadlayer.
I like it the way it is right now.
In real the painting have lots of different tones of grey and so much more detail.
The underlayer of raw umber is looking through and gives the painting more a lifely look and more depth.
I think that I will use this method also for other paintings.

I already started another painting, a big one this time and also made by the same painter.
It is still a very rough sketch with some tones.
For the first time I used a grid, but I found it a lot of work and I did not like this method.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing fine work! I just saw your sunflowers on Wc!. I also love the glazes and under painting. But yours are so much more fine!

Ans Werker said...

Thanks very much for your compliments, so lovely to get them;-)
I hope you will visit again and please take a look at my latest work.
I studied so hard the last years and finally I have the feeling that all that studying is paying off.
Have a lovely day, many greetings Ans

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...