Saturday 22 August 2009

oilpaint: selfportrait


Last year I made a selfportrait with oilpaint. I do not have much experience with oilpaint. It was a real struggle and of course I am not satisfied about the result That's why I decided first to learn painting with watercolor and than to try painting with oilpaint again.
Painting with watercolor is faster and I can learn much about mixing colors and built up layers of color. I hope that once I have much more experience, working with oilpaint will be a bit easier.
I placed this selfportrait on a shelf in the livingroom and she is (I am) looking at me and acouraged me to keep painting.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This painting is excellent. You are hard on yourself! Looks to me like you know your oils.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...